This week, we spent time in gorgeous, fun, and ever-surprising Whistler - a must stop on most trips to BC! (And since it's on the way to pretty much everywhere else, even better!)
Whistler-Blackcomb is a ski resort/year round fun resort, with LOTS to do. It wouldn't be surprising to find Whistler locals shredding the slopes in the morning, stand-up paddle boarding in the afternoon, and bartending in the evening to pay for it all! People are very dedicated to their hobbies and interests here, and there is no lack of amazing things to do! Mountain zippiness (including the highest in Canada), backcountry exploration, helicopter tours, hiking, as well as dining, craft breweries, and world-class spas make this one of BC's favourite playgrounds.
One of the highlights of the week was the RZR tour we went on with The Adventure Group Whistler. RZRs are side-by-side off-road vehicles, with roll cages and "oh crap" bars - which make it a great choice for experienced off-roaders and newbies alike! Norman has gone ATVing quite a bit, whereas I've NEVER driven one, and both of us were absolutely TEARING UP Whistler's backcountry. An unforeseen bonus: since we went on literally the first day the tour was operating this year, we were the only people to book, and basically got a private tour!
No matter what your vacation style, Whistler has you covered. For a relaxing day, visit the Scandinave Spa; for a more adventurous time, call The Adventure Group and let them know how long you'll be staying - they'll make recommendations and make sure your time is memorable!
Here are our recommendations for a visit to Whistler:
• Madeley Lake and Surrounding Area: This is an easy to access, beautiful wilderness playground with hikes, walks, and shores for all skill levels. Looking to spend an afternoon in the lake? Madeley Lake. Want to go for a more challenging hike? Follow the trail to Logger's Lake and do the Crater Rim Trail - which overlooks Whistler's warmest lake!
• The Adventure Group Whistler: If you're looking for any sort of outdoor adventure, The Adventure Group is the place to go. You can also book through Canadian Wilderness if you're looking for more of a Jeep Tour or mountain fondue - but for us, The Adventure Group is the way to go - they have great packages for full day adventures! (Whitewater rafting+RZR tour, for example.)
• Whistler Village: Whistler Village is a gorgeous, chalet-style paradise with lots of unique dining spaces, great outdoor stores, and some awesome patios to grab a drink. Make sure to hit up Cow's Ice Cream for the best ice cream in Whistler! (Check out our video - we certainly did!)
• Creekbread Pizza: Creekbread is an awesome wood-fired pizza joint in the Creekside village just south of Whistler. They have ample parking, and their pies are thin crust and absolutely LOADED with delicious ingredients. Our favourites are the Pemberton Potato Pie and Mopsy's Kahlua Pork.
• Rim Rock Cafe: For more upscale eats, head to Rim Rock Cafe - they have absolutely DELICIOUS food, and some of the best service we've experienced. Try their Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert - trust us, you won't be disappointed!
Stay the night in the Whistler RV Park and Campground, and enjoy the gorgeous scenery you get to experience - all thanks to your home on wheels!
To see how we enjoyed Whistler, watch this awesome video!